[dev] Current status of sbase?

From: Rox 64 <mrox128_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 20:58:13 +0100

Hi guys, been interested on Plan 9, suckless.org tools and the philosophy
behind both projects.
I want to read LFS and learn how to make my own distro with simple,
do-one-thing-and-do-it-right software and without GNU and other shit. I'm
going to use many ideas behind sta.li (such as its filesystem) and Plan
9/9front, and other Linux distros such as Sabotage, Bedrock and Bootstrap.
I'm also thinking about implementing both 9base and sbase. I don't expect
it to be made in a few months, through, it's just an idea I have in mind.

I have checked your git page and sbase has no contributions since seven
months ago. How usable is sbase? I have builded the current git version
against gcc (not sure why tcc fails when statically building =( ...) and
the musl library and the total size is 448Kb, with 2376+ 336 lines. That's
pretty awesome. On the other side, Ubuntu's coreutils 8.13-3.2ubuntu2.1
package has 70709 lines (without counting the files under the lib folder),
and that's a no-no.

So is sbase mature enough to replace coreutils and similar packages? Of
course there's busybox and toybox too, but I'm not fan of having one single
binary to do gazillion things.