Re: [dev] Associative arrays implementation in rc shell scripts

From: Sam Watkins <sam_AT_nipl.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 08:14:13 +1100

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 12:54:55PM +0700, Peter A. Shevtsov wrote:
> I've made a simple associative arrays implementation in rc shell script.

I'm an rc newbie too, I like the associative arrays.
The code looks ok to me - but I wouldn't know!

Do we really have to use bc for simple arithmetic in rc?
There is filename pattern matching in the shell, but not arithmetic?

I would prefer to have some builtin arithmetic commands -
it's a 'computer' after all. Don't mind if the command is out
front like v=`{+ $v 1} or + v $v 1