Re: [dev] xinerama and dbe mutual exclusion

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 10:16:16 +0100

Greetings.

On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 10:16:16 +0100 Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net> wrote:
> Please all report back of any performance issues in st not using xdbe.
> You can easily enforce Xdbe by commenting out the lines that query for
> the Xdbe extension and reset the xw.buf.

Oh, that got wrong.

In my own tests with dbe disabled in st and with dbe; there wasn’t much
difference in speed on my Thinkpad. So my query is to ask you comrades
to test st with dbe disabled and see if the missing speed difference is
not just the four cores in my laptop.

You can disable dbe in st without editing your xorg.conf by commenting
out the code in xinit() that will set xw.buf to the Xdbe buffer.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann