Re: [dev] Suckless Beer Recipe Creator

From: Sam Watkins <sam_AT_nipl.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 14:44:35 +1100

Wolfgang Sanyer wrote:
> Hello Group :-)
>
> I've written what I believe to be a Beer Recipe Creator that Sucks Less.
> https://github.com/ezzieyguywuf/recipator

Anything to do with beer sucks less that your average shell tool!

For my money, python is a highly suckless language, at least the language
itself. Might use excessive resources for the runtime, not sure.

One suggestion: get rid of the fancy ASCII table borders,
it would be more readable and suck less without them!
(also, then you can use the output as input to other tools,
such as a beer recipe compilation tool or text to html converter!)

You could keep a single horizonal line between table header and body,
but that's not really needed either.

I didn't review the code, just had a quick look.

What's with ezzieyguywuf that's quite the strange username!

Sam