Re: [dev] Suckless generic diagram creation software?

From: Sam Watkins <sam_AT_nipl.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 14:56:41 +1100

On Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 04:37:02PM -0800, Charlie Kester wrote:
> On 02/06/2013 12:32, Carlos Torres wrote:
> >graphviz
>
> +1

yeah, graphviz is really very good, I've used it to automatically
generate graphs of program structure (for graph-structured programs,
not like C code).

I didn't try their Xt/Xaw editor 'lefty' yet...

It might be worth a look if you can endure the widgets.
(I'd rather have NO widgets, I think, but that goes for modern widgets too.
Widgets are silly, especially scroll bars. Detestable!)

Here's a (generated) dot file and the png render:

http://sam.nipl.net/code/net2sh/g/net2sh.dot
http://sam.nipl.net/code/net2sh/g/net2sh.dot.png

It can output svg and eps and various other formats, so would be possible
to edit the render and tidy it up if need be for publication. Or you
could edit the input (maybe with lefty) and hope for a nice result.

Sam