Re: [dev] FTP script: how to store password?

From: v4hn <me_AT_v4hn.de>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 12:41:07 +0100

On Sat, Feb 09, 2013 at 12:20:58PM +0100, Hugues Moretto-Viry wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm writing a little FTP client in pure shell + curl for my personal needs.
> Anyway, I need to store my passwords so I chose SQlite, because I don't
> want to put them in a regular file or in the script.

Why not? That would be suckless. And alright as long as the file permissions
are set correctly (but if they're not, SQLite doesn't help you as well).

By the way, you will want to make sure the password/hash does not appear
as a parameter, or else anyone on the machine can simply read it out with `ps -ax`.

v4hn