Re: [dev] [surf] Weird WebInspector behaviour in surf-0.6

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 06:38:07 +0100

Greetings.

First: That one is hard to debug.

On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 06:38:07 +0100 "Peter A. Shevtsov" <petr.shevtsov_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> It seems that new Web Inspector feature ain't work for me.
>
> When I press Ctrl-Shift-o for the first time, then nothing happens, when I press the
> keys for the second time Web Inspector pane appears, but instead of the actual Web
> Inspector UI I see its html source[1], and finally when I press the keys combination for
> the third time, Web Inspector pane dissapears.

Are you sure you didn’t press Ctrl + o instead of Ctrl + Shift + o?

If you are sure, then do the other hotkeys work which have a Shift modi‐
fier? Does Ctrl + Shift + r vs. Ctrl + r work? If that does not really
show a difference, try to redefine Ctrl + Shift + o to something only
using Ctrl, like Ctrl + t and see if the Web Inspector opens. If that
works, then it’s just a bug in the hotkey mask. If not, then something
more ugly is wrong.

I can't reproduce the bug, so you have to do the debugging. I'm sorry.

Please report back.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann