Re: [dev] [surf] Remove the indicator?

From: Charlie Kester <corky1951_AT_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 19:24:00 -0800

On 02/12/2013 07:14, Carlos Torres wrote:

> because a line accross the bottom of the screen indicates more than
> the change of a cursor?
> that tells you missed the point of the line. because just as well the
> line can get stuck at 10% say and never progress until suddenly its
> done.

Yeah, that's a peeve. A major suck. Progress bars that give a false
impression of the remaining work/time.

Worst of all are the ones that reach 100% and then another minute or so
elapses before the process is actually complete.

In cases like that I'd rather have a spinner, because that at least
assures me that the process isn't hung.

If you can't make a reasonable estimate of the time or work required,
don't show me a progress bar pretending that you can.

/rant