Re: [dev] print utility

From: Martti Kühne <mysatyre_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 09:30:49 +0200

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 4:53 AM, Calvin Morrison <mutantturkey_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Forget this whole LINE_MAX thing, I am looking at your suggestion in
> the other message.
>
> Thank you for the thorough review,
> Calvin

For line buffering, I also use char arrays, but I'd be looking for
line borders with strcspn(3) or even index(3). Buffer limits would
hold robustly and even huge binary files with no '\n' at all would be
chewed by it smoothly. A counting mode could be added, like a
sophisticated wc(1), and providing an option to specify another char
or even several to be counted/delimited at could provide a useful
whole to be extended by other tools with different features.

Try stuff™ :-)

cheers!
mar77i