Re: [dev] Call for pkgsrc users

From: Thorsten Glaser <tg_AT_mirbsd.de>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 17:03:30 +0000 (UTC)

Christoph Lohmann dixit:

>How are you using pkgsrc and how do you install a new system with just
>pkgsrc?

NetBSD® pkgsrc® is a method to install a set of packages
on top of a base system, like all the BSDs have.

I guess you’ll need a minimal GNU/Linux system below it,
maybe https://github.com/pikhq/bootstrap-linux or something
like that will suffice?

I don’t think pkgsrc® contains all components you’ll need
to have installed, even later (so you can’t get rid of
the “base OS” you used). Nor a kernel…

bye,
//mirabilos
--
> Hi, does anyone sell openbsd stickers by themselves and not packaged
> with other products?
No, the only way I've seen them sold is for $40 with a free OpenBSD CD.
	-- Haroon Khalid and Steve Shockley in gmane.os.openbsd.misc