Re: [dev] [st] double-width usage

From: Alice Ferrazzi <alice.ferrazzi_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 16:26:09 +0900

Hello,
I use st also for read japanese, so i think i can be in the japanese
user category.
application used:
tmux
mutt
moc music player
irssi
zathura as pdf viewer

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net> wrote:
> Hello comrades,
>
> Here’s some RFC for people using double‐width characters in terminals in
> their daily life.
>
> Which applications do you use that handle double-width as you expect them?
>
> Do these applications use the double-width for the layout?
>
> Any Chinese or Japanese user?
>
> If double-width characters would be drawn to fit the standard cell size of the
> terminal (drawing them in half the font size) would this suffice your need?
>
> This question implies that it is possible to simply increase the
> average fontsize so the complex glyphs look good. Would this suffice
> your need?

i actually don't know how it will display the character, drawing them
half in the font size... but if the character looks good why not

> Naming the applications would be important so I can test st to their
> compatibility.
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Christoph Lohmann

Alice Ferrazzi <alice.ferrazzi_AT_gmail.com>