[dev] [dwm] usage, was "dwm 6.0 - separate taglists for muli-monitor setup"

From: Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 20:34:14 +0200

>> It has been argued before that the use of named tags is somewhat a
>> misunderstanding of dwm.
>
> Yeah, it's was a misnomer. Personally, I was thinking about workspaces, but
> I always called it tags.

My tag usage is inspired by this blogpost [0].
I have tags for:
* generic terminal usage
* web surfing
* communication
* media
* development
* office
* three other generic tags
However i use this tagnames rather as a guideline than as a strict rule.
Sometimes when i have filled up my dev-tag with a few terminals, i open
another terminal in the web tag (since it mostly only holds my web
browser) to write some code with the docu in the browser on the side.
This way i don't have the screen filled with unused terminals.

Is there an even more efficient way of using dwm? How do _you_ use it?

--Markus

[0]: http://www.wongdev.com/blog/2013/01/24/dwm-tags-are-not-workspaces/