Re: [dev] [dwm] Running dwm in KDE

From: Thorsten Glaser <tg_AT_mirbsd.de>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 07:15:38 +0000 (UTC)

Martin Miller dixit:

>pkill -9 metacity && dwm

In most environments, this will *not* work, as terminating the
window manager will terminate your X session as well.

>I've been given a laptop for work that's running Kubuntu. In the KDE
>world is there something similar to metacity that I can kill so that I
>can start dwm?

Some OSes allow you to export WINDOWMANAGER or set the
x-window-manager alternative using the alternatives system.

KDE itself allows changing this in System Settings →
Workspace Appearance and Behaviour → Default Applications.

HTH & HAND,
//mirabilos
--
Gast: „Ein Bier, bitte!“