Re: [dev] suckless dotfiles approach

From: Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2013 03:04:43 +0200

git will break them. It calls unlink and create on every update.

At the moment I am thinking about the GIT_DIR in $HOME/somthing/deeper
and setting the GIT_WORK_TREE to $HOME after cloning, making backups of
possibly already existing files and moving the cloned files to $HOME.
Handling templated configfiles (you don't want your ssh hosts in the
repo) seems to be a bit problematic though.
Any other objections to this method?

--Markus