Re: [dev] suckless dotfiles approach

From: Fernando C.V. <ferkiwi_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 14:09:38 +0200

On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Markus Teich
<markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de> wrote:
> I'm not exclusively talking about me. Some random script (software update?)
> or anything could move them.

Are you talking about dotfiles from $HOME/?
If some software update or random scripts starts manipulating my home
directory like that I would prefer to know so I can avoid such
software.

> Also http://harmful.cat-v.org/software/symlinks

That's a valid argument against the current implementation of
symlinked directories.
If you just symlink files and not directories, this wouldn't happen.

For hardlinks, directory linking is even worse, since it leads to
recursivity. That's why they are usually disabled.

--
Fernando