Re: [dev] (s)werc and the suckless.org homepage

From: Thorsten Glaser <tg_AT_mirbsd.de>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 18:01:30 +0000 (UTC)

Andrew Gwozdziewycz dixit:

>But how often does stuff actually get updated? You can simply pregenerate
>all the content and serve it... For a site with 50 pages, that's nothing.

FWIW, the MirBSD website is kept in CVS and generated with
some (BSD) make and mksh scripts, then rsync’d to a webserver
and its mirrors. I chose to not use post-commit hooks for that,
but it would certainly be possible.

(There are three CGIs in it that are just installed as-is, and
there’s a – let’s call it libgd frontend – that’s written in php
because, at that time, I couldn’t get libgd to work for me in C
directly, probably due to version difference, but I’m planning
to rewrite it in C once the new libgd version is stable; it’s
mostly used to produce png files that contain pre-rendered text
because we use a specific font for a “corporate” identity for
MirBSD (Gentium), and web font support is not very wide-spread
(maybe nowadays it is), so this is an entirely optional component.)

>On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 11:36 AM, hiro <23hiro_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

http://www.afaik.de/usenet/faq/zitieren/

And yes, this is *also* valid for eMail.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
> emacs als auch vi zum Kotzen finde (joe rules) und pine für den einzig
> bedienbaren textmode-mailclient halte (und ich hab sie alle ausprobiert). ;)
Hallooooo, ich bin der Holger ("Hallo Holger!"), und ich bin ebenfalls
... pine-User, und das auch noch gewohnheitsmäßig ("Oooooooohhh").  [aus dasr]