Re: [dev] Suckless Laser GUI

From: Dmitrij Czarkoff <czarkoff_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 19:10:03 +0100

OFF TOPIC

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 11:33 AM, David <admin_AT_dav1d.de> wrote:
> If you have e.g. python, I'd use wx and if I really need advanced
> controls and a highly dynamic GUI, Qt.

I once wrote a rather small utility in python using Tkinter. My
co-workers wanted to use it, but they had Windows, and I wanted to
achieve better visual integration, so I replaced Tkinter with
wxpython. The resulting code was about 5-10% longer and felt like it
was several times slower - Tkinter version fired up instantly, while I
had to wait for a while to get wx version fully started. Eventually I
went with Tkinter, and with all quirks I added to make the app feel
more like typical Windows app it was still smaller and faster then
wxpython version.

--
Dmitrij D. Czarkoff