Re: [dev] [dwm] [patch] Fix warning about XKeycodeToKeysym

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 21:29:12 +0200

Hi Alexander,

On 12 July 2013 14:03, Alexander Rødseth <rodseth_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Attaching a patch for fixing a warning about XKeycodeToKeysym, by
> replacing it with a call to XGetKeyboardMapping.

Which warning are you referring to? Also in your suggested patch
keysyms_per_keycode_return is never evaluated, though keysym_count ==
1 in your suggested call.

Also according to
http://tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/input/XGetKeyboardMapping.html the
result must be XFree()'d to avoid mem leaks.

So if this is all about the stupid X deprecation warnings, I'm tempted
to ignore those Xlib hell until they really remove those old calls.

Best regards,
Anselm