Re: [dev] [dwm] Weird behavior of Java programs

From: <7heo_AT_mail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 21:46:02 +0200

On 09/09/2013 08:40 PM, Florian wrote:
> Hey,
>
> at first I wanted to write something rude, but I searched the site, the
> FAQ and the tutorial and found no mention of java or wmname, so I only
> respond with the link:
>
>> http://tools.suckless.org/wmname
You want to know something funny? It's via the archlinux
wiki that I found that wmname could solve that Java problem...

It's a bit of a shame that ONLY the archlinux wiki (or maybe
other external documents, I've not searched beyond that) mentions
it, considering how archlinux is seen by almost all suckless
evangelists and members, isn't it?

Now I would like to ask another question related to Java, and dwm
(but not only to the latter):

"Does anyone here know why some menus won't appear with dwm (or
lxde, xfce, etc.) but will with KDE (I've not tested with GNOME)
in some Java jar apps (for instance, supermicro's IPMIView client,
when you open a KVM console)?"

I'm really failing to understand that one, so any help would be
welcome. I guess it's related to the window manager...

--
7heo