Re: [dev] TDD

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 18:26:20 +0200

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 20:06:48 +0200
Szymon Olewniczak <szymon.olewniczak_AT_rid.pl> wrote:

> Hi,
> what is your opinion about TDD? Is it suckles or not? Do you have any
> experience with this kind of development? Do TDD in C make any sense?
>
> BR,
> Szymon

Hey Szymon,

I guess you're speaking of Test Driven Development. If that's the case,
thinking about its benefits highly depends on the kind of software
you're developing.
For instance, Webkit heavily relies on unit tests and shows one area
where it is necessary: When it comes to programming software in
compliance to standards (here: Web standards), TDD is very useful and
can safe a lot of time, as the result of a certain module is easier to
check than the code itself.

If you want to find out if TDD is right for your project, evaluate if
it can really save your valuable time or if it just adds unnecessary
complexity to your software.

Cheers!

FRIGN

--