Re: [dev] [9base] bionic port

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 12:53:11 +0100

On Fri, 20 Dec 2013 12:06:03 +0000
sin <sin_AT_2f30.org> wrote:

> Are you planning on porting 9base only for the moment or are you thinking
> of doing general sta.li work? A build system for sta.li would be awesome
> to have.

I am following the development of stali very actively, however having
trouble finding the time to actually work on some things.

Looking at the build system, I really think it would be beneficial to
somehow be able to build on existing infrastructure (like Gentoo
ebuilds). The problem here is that Gentoo is mostly dynamically linked
and portage is not a suckless software (rather a python hell).

I like the idea of doing everything in a clean chrooted environment,
but there definitely has to be more dialogue on how to actually do it.

What do you think should be the basic concept of it?

Cheers

FRIGN

--
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>