Re: [dev] [9base] bionic port

From: sin <sin_AT_2f30.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 13:58:55 +0000

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 12:53:11PM +0100, FRIGN wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Dec 2013 12:06:03 +0000
> sin <sin_AT_2f30.org> wrote:
> >
> > Are you planning on porting 9base only for the moment or are you thinking
> > of doing general sta.li work? A build system for sta.li would be awesome
> > to have.
> >

> Looking at the build system, I really think it would be beneficial to
> somehow be able to build on existing infrastructure (like Gentoo
> ebuilds). The problem here is that Gentoo is mostly dynamically linked
> and portage is not a suckless software (rather a python hell).
>
> I like the idea of doing everything in a clean chrooted environment,
> but there definitely has to be more dialogue on how to actually do it.
>
> What do you think should be the basic concept of it?

Personally I'd go with something similar to what sabotage has. I have not
used gentoo in years and I have no idea what their build system looks like
these days.

I have a very simple build system for my distro which I use mainly for testing
things out at http://git.2f30.org/morpheus/tree/

This design does not scale, however, sabotage's build system might be
a good place to start.