Re: [dev] gtk3 support for surf?

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 16:06:55 +0100

On Fri, 10 Jan 2014 17:35:18 +0100
Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net> wrote:

> That web crap is al‐
> ready pulling in nearly the whole software industry.

Thanks, Christoph; you made my day!

> Are there any arguments against switching to GTK3? Otherwise I will
> switch surf to GTK3 using the smootscrolling patch.

Well, maybe that GTK3-programs suck? They feel very slow imho and don't fit
well into a world where GTK2 is still the least-painful way to go.

Looking at it in relativity to Wayland: Let's be honest; who's already
using Wayland today? Weston is a bloated POS and I've just begun work
on writing a dwm wayland-compositor, which is definitely not an easy
job.
I am sure the few people already using Wayland will be smart enough to
just pull in the external GTK3-patch and be fine.

But please: Don't force this crap on everyone else, too!

Best regards

FRIGN

--
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>