Re: [dev] gtk3 support for surf?

From: Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 18:49:13 +0100

FRIGN wrote:
> Looking at it in relativity to Wayland: Let's be honest; who's already using
> Wayland today?

I would like to. I already tested weston and it works fine so far in the sense
of drawing fancy rotating things, simulated smoke and flowers - the usual things
you would expect from a window manager. However I miss the following pieces for
a productive working environment:

* dwm
* browser (surf)
* st (there is a patchset, which I'll try to adapt to my tree soon)

> Weston is a bloated POS and I've just begun work on writing a dwm
> wayland-compositor, which is definitely not an easy job.

If I can, I would like to help. Where is the code hosted? I also found swc[0]
written by the same guy who wrote the st port to wayland. However I feel it is
not really as simple as it claims to be.

> I am sure the few people already using Wayland will be smart enough to just
> pull in the external GTK3-patch and be fine.
>
> But please: Don't force this crap on everyone else, too!

I would be fine with this.

--Markus

[0]: https://github.com/michaelforney/swc