Re: [dev] gtk3 support for surf?

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 09:43:44 +0100

On Sat, 11 Jan 2014 01:38:13 +0000
Michael Forney <mforney_AT_mforney.org> wrote:

> I'm of the opinion that the compositor and window manager should be
> separate projects, which is why I implemented swc as a library. Look at
> the number of tiling X11 window managers out there. It doesn't make
> sense to have each of them implement their own compositing code.
>
> Please let me know if you have any questions! I would be happy to help!

Hey Michael,

I read your swc-code yesterday and must say that it is pretty lean,
considering its feature-set.
The next step may be to write a basic compositor atop swc, implement
dwm functionality and then probably discuss which features in swc we
might not need (it being a well-separated library makes exclusion very
comfortable!).
I must say I wronged you in regard to code-volume and should've looked
at it a bit more before giving this remark.

Cheers

FRIGN

--
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>