[dev] Announcing sinit - the suckless init

From: sin <sin_AT_2f30.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 12:32:59 +0000

Hi all,

As part of experimenting with a toy distro I wanted to get rid of
busybox's init, so I hacked together sinit[1]. sinit is based on Strake's
init[2].

It is currently controlled via a FIFO. It supports only two commands (reboot
and poweroff).

It follows the classic style of config.def.h and it should work with any
init scripts. I've been testing it with my init scripts[3].

Let me know what you guys think, I am looking forward to use this with sta.li.

Thanks,
sin

[1] http://git.2f30.org/sinit
[2] https://github.com/strake/init