Re: [dev] Announcing sinit - the suckless init

From: YpN <ypn_AT_autistici.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 19:54:17 +0100

Good evening,

sin <sin_AT_2f30.org> wrote:
> As part of experimenting with a toy distro I wanted to get rid of
> busybox's init, so I hacked together sinit[1]. sinit is based on Strake's
> init[2].

This is a wonderful idea. Few months ago, we talked about a
"suckless" init. I am happy to see something new (and not
related to busybox).

> It is currently controlled via a FIFO. It supports only two commands (reboot
> and poweroff).

I like FIFO so much, good job!

> Let me know what you guys think, I am looking forward to use this with sta.li.

I will probably try it this month. And you should add it on
the "rocks" page. For now, I don't have any advices, but it
could be good to "support" daemons.

Regards
Y.