Re: [dev] tabbed - why?

From: Fernando C.V. <ferkiwi_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 00:17:25 +0100

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 8:26 PM, Calvin Morrison <mutantturkey_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> If tabbing is just a form of window management, why don't we seperate
> all tiling modes into separate programs.

I'd say that dwm's monocle layout could already be considered a "tab"
mode, since it overlaps several windows (you'd only miss having the
titles of all the windows/tabs in the status bar, but I believe
there's a patch for that).

It's just that dwm is designed to be simple and clean, no layouts
inside of other layouts. Which IMHO is unnecessary. You may want to
create a specific layout for your particular case if you need several
groups of windows overlapped in a specific way different than monocle
(or you might as well just use the floating layout).

--
Fernando