Re: [dev] [off-topic]How to donate to suckless.org?

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 07:11:31 +0100

Hi there,

On 27 February 2014 21:43, Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de> wrote:
> Anselm R Garbe wrote:
>> I plan to form a legal entity for suckless.org (most likely some kind of
>> association). This will make donations easier. Nevertheless there is some way
>> to go still.

> I am part of at least three „Vereine“ and would be happy to help reviewing a
> possible „Satzung“ if you plan to create one. To formally found a „eingetragener
> Verein“ in germany there are 7 people required. A suckless conference 2014 would
> be the perfect context for such an event I think.

The current plans are going towards founding a charity ("Stiftung" in
German law) only. This has the advantage that the fortune is entrusted
for a specific purpose only (according to its constitution (Satzung)
could be supporting suckless software development and related
projects) and that dealing with memberships is not required.

But you are welcome to revise the planned Satzung, once the legal
consultant for this is ready.

Best regards,
Anselm