Re: [dev] What is bad with Python

From: Strake <strake888_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 10:29:28 -0500

FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de> wrote:
> You can write beautiful and readable code in any language.

[assuming that "you" means the reader in general, not S. Jegen in particular]

False. I can't write such code in MATLAB, for example.

> A question to everyone on this list: What do you think about the Go-language?

I'm not a fan:

• Case-sensitive exports seem wonky to me
• Interfaces rather than variant types [but not interfaces per se] are weak
• Member selection is in some cases cumbersome, in which it would not
be in C, which is related to ¬(variant types)

Mind, my experience is little, and this is merely what I found writing
a λ-calculus interpreter in Go.