Re: [dev] What is bad with Python

From: Andreas Krennmair <ak_AT_synflood.at>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 14:45:37 +0100

* Silvan Jegen <s.jegen_AT_gmail.com> [2014-03-04 14:30]:
>* There are no generics (it is not clear at the moment whether they
>will be incorporated into the language in the future) but with my
>simple requirements I have not been missing them.

They will be incorporated as soon as someone finds a good solution to this
problem: http://research.swtch.com/generic

I've written quite a bit of Go code, and the lack of generics has never been
a problem to me. If you're really desperate, you can always go this route:
https://github.com/BurntSushi/ty This takes away the compile-time type safety
away, though, and moves it to the runtime.

Cheers,
Andreas