Re: [dev] What is bad with Python

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 12:40:36 +0100

On Tue, 4 Mar 2014 14:27:26 +0100
Silvan Jegen <s.jegen_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> I am quite sure I would find more issues with Golang if I would be
> writing more substantial programs but until then I will be happily
> coding more in it.

Well, what I noticed is the huge size of the compiled binaries.
2.2M for a "Hello World"-program is an unreasonable demand. It's
possible to strip the size to around 1.2M by passing
        -ldflags '-s -w'
to "go build".
This is quite inhibiting, but I'm glad to see this modern
language default to static linking.

Cheers

FRIGN

--