Re: [dev] tiny pdf viewer (with vim key shortcuts)

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 15:13:14 -0400

Quoth Andrew Gwozdziewycz:
> I'm not sure why a pdf reader would need the benefits of the AGPL,
> which to my knowledge, ensures that versions of the code that are
> accessible over a network count as being "distributed" and thus
> require the source code to be available. Seems like the GPL would be
> just as good here.

Yes, I broadly agree. I'd guess the concern that led to the AGPL was
the possibility of someone using the code to make say a web-based
PDF reader.

That was a vague concern of mine with a project I worked on a while
ago, but nobody cared about the code enough to butcher it into a web
application, thankfully :) Not that you'd be likely to want the code
'contributions' from somebody who likes doing "web programming" like
that, of course...