[dev] Re: [ANNOUNCE] req 1.0 - a gawk und dmenu powered plumberlike

From: Robert Figura <nc-figuraro_AT_netcologne.de>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 10:37:39 +0200

On Wed, 7 May 2014 21:24:52 -0400
Wolfgang Corcoran-Mathe <first.lord.of.teal_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Quoth Robert Figura on Wed, May 07 2014 18:26 +0200:
> > A little more than two years ago i started coding some plumberlike
> > in gawk,
[...]
> Looks interesting and potentially quite useful. Perhaps I am
> ignorant of its shortcomings, but awk seems ideal for this sort of
> application. Thank you!

My pleasure, thanks. Certainly has been for me.

In a way it _is_ ideal. It's just there had to be quite some workarounds
and hacks that seemed unavoidable. That is, compared to other awk
code i have been writing. Nevertheless, scripting, and having context
information available for this task is something really worth to try!

> The README could certainly be shortened and clarified.

Yah, no doubt, you're right. I had much trouble to explain what it is,
what it can be used for in a way that doesn't seem totally trivial. I
know i failed. Maybe i'm just paranoid or bad at explaining. Care to
give me a hint? What's been useful, what would you keep?

There's some cleanup and polishing left to do, and i intend to focus on
that for a while. And i think i need suggestions to get that right, so
thank you again,

kind regards
  - Robert Figura