Re: [dev] Re: [ANNOUNCE] req 1.0 - a gawk und dmenu powered plumberlike

From: Wolfgang Corcoran-Mathe <first.lord.of.teal_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 11:46:18 -0400

Quoth Robert Figura on Thu, May 08 2014 10:37 +0200:
> Maybe i'm just paranoid or bad at explaining. Care to give me a
> hint? What's been useful, what would you keep?

It may be just a matter of formatting and copy-editing. I may have
been reading this with man-page expectations, but the opening
section does not give me any clear idea of what req is supposed
to do. Lines like 'bring reason to your history, favorites,
scripts...' sound like advertising; 'personal workflow elements'
and 'rapid prototyping framework for micro interaction' belong to
that species of gray, abstract language that hangs like a dense
mist before the eyes. Rob Pike's paper does a great job of making
the concept seem intuitive and simple; it might be a good model. The
SYNOPSIS section should also be before the examples, so that people
understand what they're looking at.

I'd like to mess about with the program a bit first, but if I can
assist in any way I would be happy to help.

--
Wolfgang Corcoran-Mathe