Re: [dev] Re: [ANNOUNCE] req 1.0 - a gawk und dmenu powered plumberlike

From: Roberto E. Vargas Caballero <k0ga_AT_shike2.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 13:51:48 +0200

> I felt i could get away with gawk, because the larger part of the
> community considers gawk as _the_ awk.

Maybe you should change what community you form part.

> It seems to me, even the creators of awk are endorsing gawk over other
> implementations. The smell is there, maybe posix awk is dead?

I don't think so. Take a look to 'http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~bwk/btl.mirror/index.html', the place where you can download The One True Awk of Kernighan,
whose last version is less of two year ago.

> Gawk on the other hand is under active development.

Maybe you could say it is under continue blow proccess.

Regards,

--
Roberto E. Vargas Caballero