Re: [dev] Re: [ANNOUNCE] req 1.0 - a gawk und dmenu powered plumberlike

From: Roberto E. Vargas Caballero <k0ga_AT_shike2.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 17:15:42 +0200

> I couldn't reproduce your exact numbers. But sure, gawk itself isn't
> suckless. And?

I have removed the generated files [ytab.c and ytab.h].

> I'm here because i believe a plumber variant to be of interest to some
> people around suckless. I'm not here to write a new awk. I also don't
> expect to make it to sbase.

Yeah, write an awk version is a big challenge, and it is something that
for sure cannot be done without thinking a lot about it. It also has
the problem of adding a new dependency to sbase, yacc.

> Yesyesyes, i've been reading here for a while. So what. If you go on
> and marry plumber and plan9's awk for me i might chime in and help you.

Yes, it is really useful for st for example. St can write selected
areas to stdout using PrintScr, so using a plumber with it can be
a really good idea. Did you test it?

--
Roberto E. Vargas Caballero