Re: [dev] [sbase] -h/--human-readable on sbase

From: Dimitris Papastamos <sin_AT_2f30.org>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 16:31:18 +0100

On Fri, May 09, 2014 at 11:58:54AM -0300, Amadeus Folego wrote:
> The -h or --human-readable option is not available on ls, and probably a
> lot of other places on sbase.
>
> This is something that would help me migrating to an userspace made with
> sbase binaries.
>
> Would implementing this be desirable, straightforward and compliant with
> suckless design concepts?

Yes, although the long-option is undesirable, -h should be ok.
Consider doing this with a separate util function in util/human.c or similar.

We can reuse the code in du(1) as well as other places.

There are really many issues with having sbase work with an existing userspace
that makes all kinds of assumptions. Some things will just not be implemented
but I think this particular one can be done without being intrusive.