Re: [dev] Alternative to OfflineImap

From: Teodoro Santoni <asbrasbra_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 21:37:03 +0200

If you're reading this, my conf uses fdm to receive and archive incoming mails from 5 remote accounts (two gmail
imap and three msn pop3), mutt as mail client, and msmtp to send emails outta my pc.
To configure fdm, I've read half the archwiki entry and half IFM [1]. It can do everything related to mail with
some help from other programs, although the displaying part is done better by mutt. In my opinion, that MDA and
this mail client complement gracefully, with the help of the filesystem.
Msmtp works cool, it's easy to set up when you know how thunderbird autoconfigures itself [2].

[1] Its Fucking Manual: http://fdm.sourceforge.net
[2] https://autoconfig.thunderbird.net/v1.1/<emailhostname>

--
Teodoro Santoni