Re: [dev] [dmenu] regexp with dmenu?

From: Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 21:49:55 +0200

Thuban wrote:
> My needs Aren't very important indeed, I just had this idea whan I was
> looking for a song in a mpd playlist : I knew the artist and the last
> word of the song title, and I wish I could write in dmenu : `Two Steps
> From*Torment`

So you actually wish to get only one result. For your example just type

Two Steps From Torment

And you should get the result. You would also get any other song which includes
every one of this four words in any order title, artist and whatever else you
are piping into dmenu, but I guess these cases are very rare. ;)

--Markus