Re: [dev] [st] Blank lines not preserved

From: Eric Pruitt <eric.pruitt_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 17:31:18 -0500

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 11:54:48PM +0200, Roberto E. Vargas Caballero wrote:
> Sorry, it is not a standard behaviour, it is only the xterm behaviour.
> I can say you that any of the terminals that I use (real terminals
> or terminal emulatorts) have this behaviour.

I'm curious what non-st terminal emulator you use. On Urxvt, my all
colors beyond #16 look the same as in Xterm without any changes to my
Xresources file or the need to recompile Urxvt. Likewise for MinTTY and
its parent PuTTY. You can even see a comparison of Urxvt and Xterm's 256
color rendering at https://i.stack.imgur.com/Nlu9V.jpg, courtesy of
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/45171 . I haven't used
gnome-terminal in a while, but I believe the colors were the same there
as well.

Eric