Re: [dev] [st] Blank lines not preserved

From: Charlie Kester <corky1951_AT_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 19:35:50 -0700

On Wed 21 May 2014 at 15:31:18 PDT Eric Pruitt wrote:

>I'm curious what non-st terminal emulator you use. On Urxvt, my all
>colors beyond #16 look the same as in Xterm without any changes to my
>Xresources file or the need to recompile Urxvt. Likewise for MinTTY and
>its parent PuTTY. You can even see a comparison of Urxvt and Xterm's 256
>color rendering at https://i.stack.imgur.com/Nlu9V.jpg, courtesy of
>https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/45171 . I haven't used
>gnome-terminal in a while, but I believe the colors were the same there
>as well.

I looked at the linked image and also downloaded the colortest script to see
for myself how st is different.

Maybe this is one of those things like hi-fidelity stereo equipment where
some people are acutely aware of differences the hoi polloi can't perceive,
but whatever differences *I* can see don't seem worth fussing about. I don't
see any differences in hue, which is what I expected after reading your
comments about changing the numbers. I do see a difference in brightness, as
advertised -- but I kinda prefer the brighter colors.