Re: [dev] [st] Blank lines not preserved

From: Eric Pruitt <eric.pruitt_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 21:55:46 -0500

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 07:35:50PM -0700, Charlie Kester wrote:
> Maybe this is one of those things like hi-fidelity stereo equipment where
> some people are acutely aware of differences the hoi polloi can't perceive,
> but whatever differences *I* can see don't seem worth fussing about. I don't
> see any differences in hue, which is what I expected after reading your
> comments about changing the numbers.

There's a screen shot of my Vim color scheme attached to
http://lists.suckless.org/dev/1312/18459.html. To my eyes, "if" and
"else" are blue on the left and light purple, lavender perhaps, on the
right. Similarly "NULL", "EINTR" are neon green on the left and
something akin to bright, beer-yellow on the right. The difference is
glaringly apparent to me, and I that the hue is actually different can
be shown almost objectively (I understand color theory in far more
complex than that) with a color dropper set to HSV mode.

> I do see a difference in brightness, as advertised -- but I kinda
> prefer the brighter colors.

If it were _just_ brighter, I probably wouldn't care, but to me, the
difference in color is like night and day. I understand that I'm an
obvious minority in caring about the difference which is why I didn't
request the patch I submitted get merged into master; I simply wanted to
make it available for anyone else that might be agonized by the color
schemes they've been using for years across three different terminal
emulators with no difference between them suddenly changing ;).

Eric