Re: [dev] [st] Blank lines not preserved

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 12:28:20 +0200

On Wed, 21 May 2014 21:55:46 -0500
Eric Pruitt <eric.pruitt_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> If it were _just_ brighter, I probably wouldn't care, but to me, the
> difference in color is like night and day. I understand that I'm an
> obvious minority in caring about the difference which is why I didn't
> request the patch I submitted get merged into master; I simply wanted to
> make it available for anyone else that might be agonized by the color
> schemes they've been using for years across three different terminal
> emulators with no difference between them suddenly changing ;).

Now, this might surprise you Eric, but I agree with you. I am just
against reimplementing stuff according to how another TE does it.
Gamma-calculations are not as trivial as they might seem to be (it's a
logarithmic scale nonetheless).
Thus, I'll check out the code and see if the implementation could be
improved according to how it's done right. If st does the calculations
right, unlike xterm, I'd suggest letting the xterm-guys know.

Cheers

FRIGN

--
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>