Re: [dev] [st] mouse up scrolling not working in vim through tmux in st

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 15:58:13 +0200

Greetings.

On Sun, 01 Jun 2014 15:58:13 +0200 Balazs Kezes <rlblaster_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2014-05-31 20:35 +0530, Jay Rajput wrote:
> > Problem Statement: Mouse up scrolling not working in vim through tmux
> > in st. Mouse down scrolling works fine.
>
> Thou shall not report release events for mouse wheel events. I think
> neither tmux, neither vim handles these gracefully. For some reason the
> release events are interpreted as scroll down in vim-in-tmux. So
> scolling down actually scrolls down twice and scrolling up is
> interpreted as a scroll up followed by a scroll down.

I applied your patch. Please all comment back if the problems are now
solved. I don’t have a scrollwheel.

> Sidenote: while looking at tmux under st I experienced a lot of other
> rendering problems. I suspect this is because st's VT100 emulation is a
> bit weak. In case this is something the suckless community would like to
> fix, I recommend using xterm's vttest[3] to test the features.

No, that’s due to the bad vt100 emulation of tmux (tmux does vt100 in‐
side of every tty) which assumes screen. St supported much of it, but
diverted due to further development.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann