Re: [dev] Lightweight, non-bloated, fast image viewer?

From: Markus Wichmann <nullplan_AT_gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 12:42:00 +0200

Hi all,

Let us analyze the problem at hand: To display an image on screen, we
need to

- interpret the image file
- display the content on screen

So, having one program that reads some standardized input and displays
it on screen, while another program converts any given image file to
that standardized format may be more UNIX-like. But maybe a file is not
the right representation for that standardized format. So maybe the
converter would need to be a library instead of a program.

So yes, I argue we should rather rewrite imlib, that is, try to
implement imlib's interface in a suckless way. Unless that is
impossible, then the "rewrite feh" idea is the only one left.

Ciao,
Markus