Re: [dev] Fwd: st patches for more attrs

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 15:34:25 +0200

On Mon, 23 Jun 2014 15:16:40 +0200
Anders Eurenius <aes_AT_spotify.com> wrote:

Hey Anders,

impressive patch. I see that it probably has taken some time to write.

> The fast-blink support involves a bit of mucking about in the main
> loop, and is a bit more debatable. I'm not entirely happy with it, but
> it does separate things a bit. It also makes independent windows blink
> synchronously, which makes me slightly less crazy.

Tbh, I don't favor the fast-blink support, given blinking is not very
common anymore. In fact, I struggle to find examples where it is being
used at all.
Thus, adding complexity to the program to support fast and slow
blinking is in my opinion not a good choice.
The patch weighs in at +84 LOC, so better get ready for some heavy
debate ;).

I favor the INVISIBLE and STRUCK patches, because they are very simple.
However, as before, I struggle to remember when I last saw struck text
or text with the invisible attribute.
Can somebody help me see where this is necessary?

Cheers

FRIGN

--
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>