Re: [dev] reboot, arrow in the knee because of the GNU GPL???

From: Anthony J. Bentley <anthony_AT_cathet.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 21:32:33 -0600

Sylvain BERTRAND writes:
> I firmely disagree with you on this: the event of somebody hurt
> by the GNU GPL with real life facts is of highest importance for
> all open source coders. And communication would have been
> an enrichment for the suckless community.
> The thread will die because I think those facts do not exist.

You have already been provided with the classical case, which you immediately
dismissed as "biased", no reason given. Other real-world examples, like the
gratuitous incompatibility of different GPL versions as in LibreDWG or Samba,
have been brought up on this list in previous discussions.

--
Anthony J. Bentley