[dev] Any deamontools alternative for non-root environment?

From: Jihyun Yu <yjh0502_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 14:27:47 +0900

Hi,

Is there any daemontools-like daemon management without root access? I
have several scripts such as IRC bots, and some of them are still
unstable so it stops once per several days. Now I'm running scripts on
top of tmux, but restarting dead scripts, and even checking if scripts
are running is annoying.

I thought daemontools is a solution, but it requires root access. Is
there any simple solution for my situation? Currently I'm running
all my scripts with infinite loop with sleeps[1]. It solves the
problem, but I believe there is a better way.

[1] while true; do ./some_script.sh; sleep 10; done