Re: [dev] [st] Glitch with copy & paste and combining Unicode sequences

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 15:33:08 -0400

Quoth Roberto E. Vargas Caballero:
> As far as I know, this should be the correct behaviour, but I am not sure
> about if we need to add this feature, because if you can use the unicode
> character instead of the unicode sequence.

Are you talking about precombined characters vs combining sequences?
Because if so, there are many many cases where there is no
precombined version in unicode, so you have to use the combining
characters.

> > I don’t know if this has already been discussed but this kind of
> > characters really seems to be a hassle to support: variable terminal
> > line, potentially more than twice as long as they actually are
>
> I have a similar feeling, but I am not sure about this.

I am coming at this from a selfish "I likely won't do the work"
standpoint, but I think full and accurate support of Unicode is well
worth working towards.

Nick